Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I Want My MTV

Twenty-five years ago today, Music Television, MTV hit the airwaves. Unlike Al Gore who claims to have invented the Internet, I invented MTV. Unbeknownst to me was that MTV was already on the air and I just didn't know it existed.

But as a teenager in high school, I would see these videos over late night/weekend TV. I then thought how cool it would be to have a channel that would play nothing but music videos like radio stations play songs. Back then I thought that you'd have a play list of 25, maybe 30 songs and you'd be done. "They have to make more videos for it to work well," I thought.

Anyway, the following summer I saw the announcement on a "dead" cable channel that coming soon, Music Television. That was 1982. Now I'm middle aged and MTV is nothing but shit. They don't even play music videos anymore, do they? And if they did, it's nothing good. I guess you can still consider it a "dead" cable channel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a test comment