Saturday, March 01, 2008

Oh Canada!!

Coming to you live from the Post Hotel in Lake Louise, AB, Canada today, from the complementary computer of the hotel.

We left very early yesterday from Peoria, with our flight leaving for Minneapolis at 6:15am. After the routine strip search and cavity check from the TSA, we were on our way. After a couple hour layover in Minneapolis, we headed for Calgary. There we met up with Beth's sister Pam and brother in law Bill at an airport pub. Beth had some difficulty reading military time. She thought their plane was delayed a couple of hours. It was due to land at 2:41pm and the airport used military time. Comfortably seated in the bar, she began to question herself. Beth told me the arrival time stated 14:41. And I said, "Yea, that's 2:41."

"No it's not, that's 4 o'clock."

"No, 12 noon is 12 hundred hours. Add two hours. Fourteen hundred hours is 2 o'clock. Sixteen hundred hours, now that's 4 o'clock."

All's well that ends well as Beth headed out to Customs to meet them.

Then it was ground transportation from Calgary to Lake Louise... a short 113 mile jaunt. We finally settled into the Post Hotel, just right across the interstate from the Lake Louise Ski Area.

This morning we had breakfast and looked around the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and the lake itself. We later got into the car and headed out north on 93 and check out some other frozen lakes, glaciers and mountains.

Tomorrow I plan on heading out to do some downhill skiing. It's been snowing on and off today. I'm hoping we get a good amount of snowfall tonight and sunny skies for tomorrow. I don't have a clue what the others will be doing.

Neither Bill nor myself have our laptops this week, so travelogue-blogging will be light.

Later

2 comments:

tsheets said...

Enjoy your trip! Just make sure you don't drag any of that cold back with you!

Anonymous said...

Please let Beth know that many years ago I missed an airplane which caused me to miss a cruise ship because I misread military time.
Hope you all have a blast and good luck with cross country skiing!