Currently watching the game right now with 7 minutes to go for the 3rd quarter, it looks like Arizona is screwed. Since I don't have any money on the game, I really don't care one way or the other. I usually like to go for the underdog team unless there's some mitigating circumstance involved. So it would be nice to see the Cardinals take it.
Many times, my interest is more in either the Superbowl party I'm at or the commercials. Now is it me, or have the commercials seem pretty lame the past few years. Some of them are just plain dumb. Few are funny. Beer commercials are usually the best. I think the last batch of really good Superbowl commercials was about 8 or 9 years ago during the dot com era. I saw some movie trailers for commercials today. A Land of the Lost remake with Will Farrell? Uhhh! Where's my Pepto Bismol?
As for Superbowl parties, I usually attend the Peoria Jaycees "SuperFest." But this year, since we now have the dogs, we can't really leave for more than 2-3 hours. So we are just staying at home in the Doghouse Bar with a pot of chili and fire. We were at the dog park earlier today, so the dogs are sleeping well. They'll be wide awake by the time we want to go to bed.
There used to be belief that if an original NFL team won the Superbowl, then it would be an up year for the stock market. It proved true for almost 25-30 some years if I remember right, with exception of a couple of years. So for many times, I wanted an NFL team to win... all for monetary gain on my part. But there's been so many changes in football, I really don't know which is what between the old NFL/AFL teams or if this superstition can even still hold.
Half time show. The 3-D stuff was alright. Springsteen did a good job at delivering a show. It would be tough to pick out which songs to play for only a 12-minute show. He was a bit winded after doing a couple of songs, but the guy is in his mid-50s. However, I don't like the fact he sold out to Wal Mart, so I was leaning towards being in a boycott mode for the half time show. Either way, this year's half time show was light years better than that debacle MTV put on in 2004 with Kid Rock wearing the US flag as a poncho and Janet Jackson with her so-called wardrobe malfunction.
Anyways, it's time to stoke the fire and grab another Heineken.
1 comment:
You and Buffy were missed at the SuperBowl Party. Sounds like you had a nice time at the Doghouse Bar though. I agree about the beer commercials, Budweiser always has a couple of good ones.
Post a Comment