As a long time Beatles/McCartney fan, I've been listening often. Not because I love the music; not because to listen to music I don't have on CD (I've got 95% of his albums), but rather they occasionally have been playing rare and/or unreleased songs. Most that I've heard I've either known it existed and have never heard it or I have already heard it and have in my collection. But on 1 or 2 occasions, I've heard something I've never even known about. In fact, right now they're playing a song called This Loving Game, which I've known nothing about. I've also heard many remixes, including a disco-remix of the 1970's song Silly Love Songs. I can probably do with out that. But it's also fun to hear the original demo of a song and to hear how it progressed to the final product. It's also been fun to hear some songs I haven't heard in years.
Paul McCartney undoubtedly has one of the largest back catalogs our there, if not the largest. I think the only artists to rival him is probably Frank Zappa or perhaps Bruce Springstein. So thank you Sirius for bringing Firman Radio to us. If you want to catch it, you'd better hurry as it ends in the next week or so.
1 comment:
I've been listening to only the beatles this week at work on the iPod. Dave loaded everything he had on it, so I've finally been able to listen to songs I've never heard before. It's also been pretty neat to sort by song and listen to a beatles original, and then listne to the couple of remakes that I have, like Helter Skelter, etc. - Kate
Post a Comment