Sunday, June 24, 2018

Japan: Harbortown

Sunday, June 10, 2018 -

At last, it looks like we'll get a decent breakfast.  Our plans today take us to an area of Kobe known as Harbortown.  It's close to the harbor of Osaka Bay and it is somewhat Americanized.  Ben suggested breakfast at a restaurant called "Eggs & Things."  It was founded in Hawaii.
Jack and his breakfast.

I was able to order eggs overeasy and sausage.  Jack was hungry and ordered the macadamia nut and banana pancakes.  It was all mostly good; the sausage was basically hot dogs.  But breakfast was very much enjoyed.

After that, we didn't know what to do.  Jack and Sam headed back to the hotel to get on their phones and play games and watch videos.  I can't really blame them.  I myself was getting tired of riding subways and trains to get anywhere, basically a big city problem.

Dennis, Ben and I walked around Harbortown some.  We went into the Kobe Harbor Tower to its observation deck.  After that, we went and looked around the maritime museum.  Attached to the Maritime Museum was a museum for Kawasaki.  They displayed numerous products and services Kawasaki produced.  From motorcycles and ATVs to robotics to parts for trains, planes and rockets.  After touring the museum, we made our way to an earthquake memorial to honor those lost in a 1995 earthquake.

Hanging out in Harbortown in Kobe.
Though I was getting tired of walking around, we did walk through Kobe's Chinatown.  Wanting to get a bite to eat, Dennis wanted to stop in some Chinese restaurant.  Outside the restaurant were pictures of the food they serves.  Other than a vegetarian, salad looking dish, none of it looked appetizing to me.  "Are you going to eat anything," Dennis asked me.  "Probably not," I answered.  We then moved along and settled for a Kentucky Fried Chicken to eat at.  At least here I had an idea of what I was eating.

No comments: