I've noticed this year that we haven't received as many as we have in the past. In addition, we almost didn't send any this year because it just seems like we were busier than usual. So while we did manage to get them out, we did send about a third fewer cards this year. No offense intended if you did not get a card, but we reserved them for mainly people we only see or talk to a couple times a year.
Some of the cards we receive contain the "Christmas letter." These letters usually chronicle the sender's past year. I've heard some people say that they only showcase how great these other people's lives are. I beg to differ as appearent from a Christmast letter I received yesterday from Joe & Gina Orendorf. Anyone who knows Joe knows he's somewhat accident prone and has come to terms with it. According to their letter:
...and Joe's never ending injuries from various sporting mishaps.
There has not been one week this year that Joe has played hockey and not been injured. He then gets back on the ice, re-injures himself in the same location or elsewhere. He has been known to disable himself while coaching his 6 year old son. He refuses to give up as this is his love. However, I am convinced a hip, knee or elbow replacement is in his immediate future.
I hope that Joe has coverage by AFLAC.
In light contrast to this brief letter we received, we await the "Christmas manifesto" that we receive from Jeff Pulfer. Last year we received a multi-page debriefing of Jeff's year past. Way to much info, but reading about the hot, Russian girlfriend was entertaining.
Merry Christmas, Happy Festivous or whatever holiday you and your family celebrate.
No comments:
Post a Comment