
Maybe this is the way they grow vegetables in the topsy-turvey world of the Bizzaro.
This planter allows for you to plant a tomato plant (or other plants) upside down. I planted what was called a "Boxcar Willie," a brand of tomato plant from country star Willie Nelson. I thought it odd because there's another country star with the stage name Boxcar Willie.
It was off to a great start as the plant was vastly outgrowing my other conventional tomato plants. Buffy has added more soil to it and we've had to relocate it once. Recently, it has started to droop and wilt a bit as I think it needs yet more soil. I can't put that much more into it. While it looks like it's doing better now, I don't know how long it will last as it just continues to grow more and expand it's root structure.
By the way, despite it's size, it has only produced 1 small tomato thus far.
2 comments:
You may need to prune it back some. Also, plenty of water and feedings...but not too much nitrogen. :-)
I'll give it a try!
Post a Comment