"I've been everywhere, man,
I've been everywhere."
Beth awoke me this morning at 6:15am Mountain time right in the middle of a dream. I was completely out, not even realizing where I was. The travel home is starting to take a toll on us road warriors.
Anyway, we started back out on the road at 7:42am from Grand Junction, CO. The western side of Colorado was very scenic riding. We saw many views of the hills, mountains, Colorado River, condos, pine trees and so on. We went past many popular ski areas including Powderhorn, Aspen, Vail, Beaver Creek and a few others. Denver wasn't too bad to drive through as we missed rush hour. But after that, it got to be a very boring drive. Just flat terrain for miles and miles. And then there was Kansas.
What happens in Kansas stays in Kansas and do you know why? Because nothing happens in Kansas. No offense to the fine citizens here, but this has been one long ass dull state. As we've hit the eastern half of the state, the scenery has been slightly improving. But because of this, we don't have much to report.
Tonight, we have set up camp at the Sleep Inn in Topeka, KS... and guess what... this is a SVI property! This is the first and only SVI property we've encountered thus far in our 2 weeks of travel.
Tomorrow, we plan to finally arrive at home sometime late afternoon. According to the Garmin GPS, it is 465 miles away. So sometime tomorrow night, I plan to post the final stats and anything interesting that may happen to us tomorrow. But for now, I'll leave you with some more photos from the two weeks past while we've been on Route 66, America's Main Street.

Big blue whale in Oklahoma.

The round barn in Arcadia, OK.

Leaning water tower; Texas.

Cadillac Ranch; outside Amarillo, TX

Wigwam Village; Holbrook, AZ

The shoe tree; Amboy, CA
Santa Monica pier; Santa Monica, CA
Stats:
Miles Travelled, total: 4,428 miles
Today's travel time: 12.38 hrs
Today's avg speed: 63.3 mph
Today's fuel milage: 32.8 mpg
Encounter with wildlife: 1 (turtle crossing I-70 west of Salina, KS)

No comments:
Post a Comment