
Day twelve (Fri 6/1/07) of our trip was very fun. We are staying an extra day in California so that we can see the band Tom Stevens is a part of perform tonight. The name of the band is Midnight Sun and it is a five piece band (Tom plays the drums... here he is with his daughter Megan) that plays a lot of covers from the 50's up to today. They even have a few original songs as well. The gig they had was at the Cottonwood Creek Winery for some type of open house event they had going on.
Tomorrow, day 13, we will begin to make our trek back home. We don't plan to go through South Dakota and see Mt. Rushmore or the badlands, but instead plan to take I-70 through Colorado, Kansas & Missouri.
Tom took half the day off and I offered to be a roady. Meanwhile, Beth went shopping and hung out with Kim while we were getting ready. It was kind of interesting to see how another band is organized and how they set up their set. They were scheduled to play from 6 - 9 pm.
During the show, I worked as photographer and I believe I'm probably the first to video tape them. I hope I did them good. Then in the last set, they invited me up to play with them for a couple of songs. So, having never ever played one note with these guys before, the 2 songs we did were ones I do with Nootril Drop... and in the same key! Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison, which I dedicated to Beth and Surrender by Cheak Trick. It was a blast.
While the audience wanted more even after the 2 encores, we had to shut down as the winery wanted to close. The party continued afterwards at Tom and Kim's place, where some folks might have over-indulged.
Tomorrow, day 13, we will begin to make our trek back home. We don't plan to go through South Dakota and see Mt. Rushmore or the badlands, but instead plan to take I-70 through Colorado, Kansas & Missouri.
Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment