Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Utah-Nevada-California-Oregon (Day 1)

Wow, has it been almost 3 years since I entered anything into this blog?  Maybe about high time I did some more posting.  And what not better than another travel-blog with tales of our journey to Utah, Nevada, California and Oregon in the RV.  Be forewarned that some days there may not be lengthy posts as I'm busy being a tourist and don't have the time... or I'm too tired.

The main purpose of this trip is to see the Redwood and Sequoia forests.  But we'll make some pit stops along the way in hopes to see natural scenery, unique saloons, meet interesting people, see some family and quite possibly aliens!  So come along with Buffy and myself as we see some shit in these states.

Saturday, May 8, 2021

On the road again.  Heading out after a fuel stop in Yampa, CO.
The RV is mostly packed.  We just need to load up our groceries and hook up the Jeep that we've set up for flat towing (this will be our first time; may fortune favor the foolish).  So we finally leave the house at 8:50am.  I originally thought that if we were to leave by 9am we would be doing good.  So far, the trip is a success!

We expect today's travel to be non-eventful.  Just a day of driving.  Our biggest thought is to boondock (meaning camping somewhere where there are no hook ups of electric, water, etc) somewhere off the highway in Utah.  Buffy read that Utah will let you do that provided there are no signs of 'no parking' or 'no camping' and it is not on private property.  The thought of being in the middle of Utah, camping under the stars away from any lights and civilization is appealing.  But turns out, we didn't know or see anywhere where we could do this.  Instead, we wound up camping at a KOA campground in Beaver, UT. 

Yes, Beaver, UT, where we 💖 Beaver.

Our first troubles began that evening when I tried to set up the satellite dish for TV.  The tree next to us prevented us from getting a signal.  So I retrieved the coax cable to use the campground cable TV.  That didn't work either.  I suspect no signal was getting to our camp spot.  So I tried off air TV with our antenna.  Couldn't pick up anything.  You know, I really wanted to watch Elon Musk on Saturday Night Live.  Elon Musk is the guy who makes technology work, unlike all the other shit technology I was dealing with that wasn't working.  Time for another vodka tonic!

  • Miles Travelled: 475
  • TV Channels Received: 0





No comments: